Sunday, March 7, 2010

A Very Special Gift!

Mom has been gone a lot the past few days. Not good. I'm telling her so quite loudly as she's typing, so I'm getting a lot of "Moxie, that's enough!" and "Moxie, GO LAY DOWN". What doesn't she get about me having my say? After all, she's supposed to be typing FOR ME! I mean, she did take me to the dog park this afternoon as soon as she FINALLY came home, but what did she do when we got back to the house? Put me in the BATHTUB! So what's a little mud got to do with anything? I thought she'd be happy it wasn't icy outside anymore!

Sheesh!

After she gave me a pretty good towel hug, I got my supper. Then she pulled a big book out of her bag and told me it was for me. What?! Why would I want a book? Then she read it to me. It's written by and about Hanni, a real working dog! Hanni is a genuine Seeing Eye Dog for her partner Beth. Beth is a writer, and she actually helped Hanni write the book and get it published! She did for Hanni what Mom is doing for me on my blog! I didn't know any other dogs had human partners that typed for them!

Hanni helps Beth all day, every day. She keeps Beth safe indoors and outside. The book title says it all: Safe & Sound.

I don't do that for Mom, but I do keep her safe when we're together - especially when we're at home. I bark every time someone walks by, drives by, or comes to the door. I bark whenever I hear something that could mean someone's trying to get into the house. But you know that. You've read my profile. I protect Mom and our house. Just like Hanni makes sure Beth is safe and sound.

Anyway, Mom actually met Hanni! Beth too, but to meet a real Morristown, NJ Seeing Eye Dog, well, now THAT's something. And do you know what Mom did for me? Well yes, she bought the book, but she got Hanni to SIGN IT. AND Hanni signed it to ME! Wow. I haven't ever had something like this. Thank you Hanni! I'd sure like to meet you myself someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment