Friday, April 16, 2010

New Friends!

Aaahhhhhhhhh, spring is in the air and mom is taking me for long walks again. High time too, but then, my paws would get cold about the time mom said it was time to turn around on our winter walks.

And you would not believe all the people! We hardly saw anybody for months, and now, well, it's not just the plants bursting out but the houses too! You can barely walk by them and someone's coming in or out or working in the yard or biking down the street. Wow! I forgot what our neighborhood is like when it's warm out! And best of all - THEY REMEMBER ME!!! When we see people they all call out 'Hi Moxie!' and some even come running over! Forget Mom, it's all about me! Well, you can imagine that I lived up to their expectations and performed all of my best tricks as fast as ever I could. Sure enough, Mom had treats to give them to give to me. Oh bliss!

Just this week we made three new friends too! Strawberry Girl, Jet Boy, and their mom. Oh my goodness, Strawberry Girl was just as sweet as could be. She knew how to introduce herself to me, admire me out loud, and stroke my fur just right. Jet Boy was much younger, so he has a few things to learn about making a dog happy, but with Strawberry Girl teaching him he should come along quickly. I can see that I'll have to be out and about a lot so he can practice!

Mom says I should thank the people who work to set up dog parks because they're the ones who created one close to my house! Mom takes me there a LOT, and even did when it was cold, and best of all when it was super muddy! Oh - I told you about that already. Anyway, no mud now, so no baths when we get home. That's a LOT more fun!

You can come see me there sometime if you want. I like to meet my cyber friends in person too! Mom says her fingers are tired cuz she had to type a lot at work this week, so I have to sign off. But know that I'm thinking of all you friends out there! Happy Dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment